OFSTED Report – July 2023
In July 2023 we had a very successful Ofsted inspection which judged:
“This school continues to be good.”
Below are the headlines:
- This is a welcoming and inclusive school. Staff and pupils value diversity and welcome pupils of all different backgrounds and abilities.
- Leaders have high expectations for every pupil and have developed many aspects of the curriculum since the last inspection.
- Behaviour in lessons and around the school is excellent.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- Pupils feel safe here and know thy can speak to any adult about their concerns.
- Highly experienced leaders ensure that children develop the knowledge and independence needed to help them transition to Reception, and then to Year1.
- Teachers and support staff use highly effective questioning during lessons and in smaller group work. They regularly check pupils understanding and deepen pupils thinking.
- Pupils make excellent progress in learning to read.
- Pupils are taught that we are all unique and know that our differences are what makes us special.
- Staff are well supported and say leaders prioritise their well-being.
What does the school need to improve on?
- Leaders should ensure that staff are trained and supported to adapt their teaching strategies effectively, so that all pupils progress well through the curriculum.
- Leaders should ensure that subject-specific knowledge and vocabulary is clearly set out in all subjects, so that it can be embedded and built upon over time.
For a copy of the OFSTED report, click here.